Rules and Regulations
The Department of Energy (DOE) has taken a lead role in the development of rules and regulations for LED technology.
The links below will take you to different places, all within the DOE site. Each link will provide specific information regarding legislation, design, standards development and other key facts about LED technology.
The DOE site is a 3rd party unbiased site that has proven to be a useful place for information.
• Home page: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/
• R&D Portfolio: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/projects.html
• SSL Quality Advocates: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/advocates.html
• CALiPER: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/caliper.html
• Standards Development: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/standards.html
• GATEWAY Demonstrations: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/gatewaydemos.html
• Design Competitions: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/competitions.html
• Using LEDs: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/using_leds.html
• Technical Information Network for SSL: http://www.ssl.energy.gov/technetwork.html